Reid Hall > Règlement de Reid Hall
Weekdays and Saturday: 8:00am to 10:30pm.
No admission after 9:30pm.
Closed on French holidays.
|Please note that on Saturdays and after 8:00pm every weekday, members must ring the intercom, wait for the Receptionist to open the door, and show their Reid Hall I.D.The security guard makes regular rounds after 9:30pm. Members may have to wait several minutes before entering or leaving the premises. Please be patient.|
Reid Hall registered members:
- Copy the user name and password received by e-mail into a document accessible without internet.
- At Reid Hall, connect to the Reid Hall WIFI signal.
- Click on your web browser. A form requesting your user name and password will open automatically.
- Fill out the necessary information and you will be connected (must be repeated with each new connection.
- Members who did not receive the email from the Reid Hall network server should contact their program administration.
Guests must sign in using the above procedure and the following information:
- User name: Guest
- Password: given by program administration (also available at Reception). This password changes on the first day of each month.
Most programs have their own computer room and printers, but all members are welcome to use the computers in the Reference Library and the Salon des étudiants.
The Reception Area
The Receptionists are French-speaking but will make every effort to communicate with you in English, should this be necessary.
The following can be found at Reception:
- First aid kit
- Epinepherine injections (in case of anaphylactic reactions)
- Telephone numbers of doctors, hospitals, and police stations
- List of all students enrolled at Reid Hall on a program by program basis
- Guest password for WIFI
- Packages (see below)
- Lost and found
In case of a student emergency, the Reception will alert the appropriate staff member.
The student mailroom is situated at the VWPP office.
Student members may receive mail at Reid Hall. The address should read as follows: student name, c/o (University Program), Reid Hall, 4, rue de Chevreuse, 75006 Paris, France.
Mail is either directly distributed to a university program or filed alphabetically in the student mailboxes.
Packages are stored in the reception space. The recipient will be notified and packages should be claimed promptly. All mail for which there is postage due or duty taxes is held at the post office or at customs. A non-delivery notice will be left in the student mailboxes.
The public telephone may be used with a Télécarte or a Visa card.
Small packages and suitcases can be temporarily stored in the mailroom with special permission of the program director. No luggage can be left in administrative offices. Reid Hall cannot be held responsible for the theft of or damage to any stored items.
Classrooms and Common Rooms
No eating or drinking in classrooms.
The Reference Room is open from 2-6pm, Monday-Friday. Use Reid Hall I.D. to check out a book. Only overnights allowed.
The on-line catalog is accessible to all members via their user name and password: http://catalog.reidhall.com.
Vending machines with coffee, soft drinks, water, candy, and chocolate are available next to the Grande Salle. Signal any problems to the Receptionist.
Members may bring box-lunches and non-alcoholic beverages to the common areas (not the classrooms!). They are expected to use trash receptacles and leave the areas spotless!
A Few Rules and Regulations
- Visitors, accompanied by Reid Hall members, are welcome between 8:00am and 10:30pm. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- All members and visitors are encouraged to speak French.
- Do not walk, lie, sit or picnic on the grass in the back garden.
- Do not pick flowers.
- Use waste baskets and ash trays.
- Turn off the lights and close the windows when leaving.
- Do not put feet up on chairs and tables.
- No eating or drinking in classrooms.
- Alcoholic beverages not allowed on the premises, except during formal program functions.
- Smoking is permitted only in the garden areas. Use ashtrays provided on the tables. Do not throw cigarettes on the ground.
- Radios are not allowed on the premises.
- Cell phones should be used with great discretion.
- Bicycles, motorbikes and motorcycles must be left outside, secured in the special racks to that effect on the rue de Chevreuse.
- Roller skates and blades should be taken off before entering Reid Hall.
- No pets are allowed. Yuki is Reid Hall’s lucky black cat.
- Musical instruments are allowed with special permission from Reid Hall’s house manager (email@example.com). In the Grande Salle, the piano is reserved for official concerts. An electronic piano is available for students in the Salon des étudiants.
- Found objects should be left at Reception.
|Watch your personnel effects. Reid Hall declines all responsibility in case of theft or damage.|
|In case of fire: The siren will go off and everyone must leave the premises (either by rue de Chevreuse or rue de la Grande Chaumière – Reid Hall personnel will show the way).|